- Offered Salary Hourly Rate
- Hourly Rate £10-£12 per hour
- Experience 1 Years
Waste Collection Driver
Drivers are required for a Local Authority in and around Oldham. You will be based from their Oldham depot and required to travel around the Oldham Borough, working within the Environmental Cleansing Service (Refuse Collection).
You will be required to provide, in a safe and effective manner, quality and efficient Refuse Collection Service including all recycling collection activities, in all weather conditions.
Location: Based at their Oldham depot and required to travel around the Oldham Borough
Rates: £10.83 per hour
Shifts: 2-3 days each week, flexibility required up to 5 days
Hours: 7 am start
About the Role:
- Driving the HGV Vehicle in a safe manner, often through tight residential areas or city centre streets.
- Undertake vehicle checks each morning and reports any defects.
- General and regular maintenance to include checking oil and water levels.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Operate the power mechanism.
- Supervising duties and responsibility for the crew.
- Undertake duties as a loader when required*
- Responsibility to protect the safety of self, co-workers and members of the public.
- Driving Licence to include Category C, to be checked with DVLA
- Valid CPC and Digital Tachograph cards
- Knowledge of the current transport regulations
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism
- Polite and friendly manner, ensuring that the highest level of customer care is maintained
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- To lead by example
- Some loading may be expected to help out the team
- We are looking for hardworking, reliable drivers
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice
- HGV Driving
- Any local authority/public sector experience and advantage
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
How to Apply for this position with Staff Recruitment:
- Submit your up-to-date CV online – “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items: Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
2. Once a member of our Team has reviewed your application if you meet the criteria, we are looking for you will be contacted to discuss the role in further detail.
3. After your telephone vetting you will be asked to complete our online application forms and supply the necessary ID.