Our prestigious client based in Oldham have a fantastic opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor to join their fast growing team.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will work within a fast pace environment of the Warehouse and play an important role in the business – leading the warehouse team and its activities!
Responsible for daily execution of all warehouse activities including team coordination, order picking, shipping/receiving all inbound/outbound shipments, Spill kit assembly. Warehouse organization, housekeeping and personal safety are the fundamentals of the role and in every task.
- Day to day running of the warehouse which includes leading and motivating a small team of around 6 – 8 staff members in order to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Ensure warehouse staff receive inductions and training within their roles, with a view to cross training to cover absence
- Staff accuracy and concentration of work, minimizing errors and customer complaints
- Inbound shipments (including parcel, LTL and full truck/container)
- Effectively manage the goods in procedure
- Outbound shipments (including parcel, LTL and full truck/container)
- Ensure orders are dispatched promptly, targeting a zero overdue order status
- Plan space utilization in the warehouse ensuring tidy and efficient areas
- Overseeing warehouse equipment requirements and maintain records
- General warehouse duties, including picking and packing against orders
- Operate a forklift, articulated forklift and WAV-50
- Suggest and help implement cost saving initiatives
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensure all H&S policies are followed
- Effectively communicate daily inventory to management via stock counts
- Participate in the monitoring and adjustments of inventory
- Additional projects and roles as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic math skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work well in a team and independently
- Must be able to work with PPE for extended periods of time
- Must be able to drive a forklift (preferable but not required initially)
Education and Experience:
- High school education
- Warehouse Supervisory experience would be preferable
What’s on offer?
Salary:£12.00 per hour (Rising to £13.00 per hour after 12 weeks)
Hours of Work: typically will be 8:00am – 5:00pm Mon-Fri, however, some level of flexibility would be required to meet the needs of the company.
Contract Type:12 weeks temporary-permanent.
To apply for this role, please submit your updated CV showing all relevant experience for the attention of Adam or call now on 0161 633 3373.
Offered SalaryHourly Rate
Hourly Rate£12-£14 per hour
Related Jobs (10)
Counterbalance Forklift Driver/Labourer – Manchester on February 8, 2019 Temporary