We are seeking a Warehouse Assistant to join our client in Chadderton on a temp – perm basis.
The warehouse assistant keeps track of goods in and out, storing them in the most efficient and appropriate way, so good mental arithmetic, spatial awareness and judgement are essential. Attention to detail is important when checking for faulty or damaged goods, as is the ability to keep accurate and up-to-date records, for example to ensure stock levels do not fall too low.
Admin and paperwork are an integral part of the job, so an organised and conscientious approach is needed. The warehouse assistant works as part of a team, so being a good team player is important, and as the role involves contact with suppliers and customers, excellent people skills and verbal communication skills – as well as patience – are needed. Finally, the warehouse assistant works in a potentially hazardous environment so must be responsible and reliable, with a commitment to safe working especially with regard to the correct operation of mechanical handling equipment.
The warehouse assistant will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Loading and unloading goods from delivery vans or lorries (upto 25kg)
- Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received
- Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods
- Signing the delivery form, once satisfied that the goods are complete
- Moving the goods to the correct area in the warehouse, either manually or using mechanical handling equipment.
- Labelling goods
- Allocating storage space to goods
- Relocating and re-stacking goods to make space for a new delivery
- Keeping computerised records of goods, their batch number, location and quantity
- Report for re-ordering if stock levels fall too low
- Picking goods that have been ordered
- Keeping accurate records of goods which have been picked
- Preparing despatch notes and labels
- Moving and stacking goods ready for delivery, either by hand or using machinery.
No previous experience is needed, as full training is provided, however, some knowledge of a warehouse environment, experience of manual handling or driving a fork lift truck counterbalance will be advantageous.
The following qualifications, while not essential, may be helpful:
- NVQ in warehousing and Storage
- Full, clean driving licence
- Fork Lift Truck Licence (Counterbalance)
Salary: £8.30 per hour
Hours: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Temporary to Permanent
Please send an upto date CV to Dylan.email@example.com , if your CV is shortlisted he will be in contact with you.
(Please ensure your email address and contact information is on your CV so we can contact you).
Applicants must be able to provide reference details from previous employers.
If you do not have the relevant experience we require your application will be rejected.
Offered SalaryHourly Rate
Hourly Rate£8-£10 per hour
Related Jobs (7)
Multi skilled Production Manufacturing Operative – Oldham on March 13, 2019 Temporary