- Offered Salary Hourly Rate
- Hourly Rate £8-£10 per hour
- Experience Desirable
Street Cleaning Operative
We are seeking Street Cleaning Operatives to join our client on Oldham.
Location: Working from any of the depots in Oldham to work across Oldham borough at set locations.
Rates: £9.08 per hour / increasing after 12 weeks
Shifts: 4 on 4 off shift pattern, weekend working is required.
7:00am to 6:00pm, Monday – Saturday
6:00am to 5:00pm on Sundays only.
- General maintenance of the areas mentioned in the job purpose e.g. clearing leaves and litter, removal of fly tipped material and use of Dandy cart.
- To empty Bins.
- Cleaning e.g. public buildings such as changing rooms and toilets.
- In addition to the usual range of tools and equipment the use of powered hand tools and light plant when trained e.g. Dandy Cart.
- Carry out daily checks and defects following reporting procedures.
- Clearing litter, animal faeces and dumped waste.
- Clearance of snow and ice from public areas and gritting as necessary.
- Use of chemical control and non-chemical control of weeds where appropriate and under direction.
- Carry out back lining and fly tip removal as directed.
- Experience of undertaking manual work as part of a team or working on your own; self-motivated individual.
- Ability to lift waste, loose materials, and construction items onto collection vehicles by hand in line with Health & Safety regulations.
- Ability to complete tasks thoroughly and to the required standard, in a specified time.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with members of the public and team mates.
- Ability to work to & within health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to work unsocial hours inclusive of weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Commitment to personal development.
- To be punctual and have regular attendance.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service including at different hours & locations across the Borough.
- Experience of Street cleansing operations.
- Previous experience in environmental management is desirable.
- Experience of lone working.
- Local knowledge of Oldham area.
- Full UK driving license – preferred but not essential
Please submit a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org