- Offered Salary Hourly Rate
- Hourly Rate £8-£10 per hour
- Experience Desirable
We are looking for Refuse Loaders to work for the local authority in and around Oldham.
You will be based from their Oldham depot and required to travel around the Oldham Borough, you will be required to provide, in a safe and effective manner, quality and efficient Refuse Collection Service including all recycling collection activities, in all weather conditions.
Location: Based from their Oldham depot and required to travel around the Oldham Borough
Rates: £9.08 per hour increasing to £10.08 after 12 weeks
Shifts: minimum of 2-3 days each week (adhoc), leading upto 5 days.
Hours: 07:00am start
INDUCTION TO BE HELD WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS
*** PLEASE BE AWARE THIS ROLE IS VERY PHYSICALLY DEMANDING ***
About the Role:
- Removing waste, wheelie bins, and recycling bins and boxes, using a lifting mechanism to tip the waste from bins into the lorry – training is given.
- Very fast-paced work and walking for long periods of time so must be able to keep up with the rest of the team.
- Standby – Some days you may be placed on standby, in which you report in as normal. Then if we have let downs you will be used, if not you will be sent home. (This is part of the position and is NOT negotiable).
- The job role will involve walking up to 5-10 miles per day alongside a refuse vehicle loading the bins onto the vehicle on domestic rounds.
- You will also need to be professional and polite with the public at all times, courteous and helpful at all times.
- We are looking for hardworking, reliable loaders.
- Must be physically fit as heavy lifting and long distance walking is required.
- You will spend a lot of time on your feet – so must be comfortable wearing safety boots.
- Workers will be required to work in all types of weather conditions.
- You will comply with health and safety regulations and Council Rules and Regulations.
- Wearing appropriate clothing (NO SHORTS), Safety boots, and Hi-Viz.
- Any local authority/public sector experience would be a distinctive advantage
To apply for this position please send your up-to-date CV to email@example.com
As a Thrive employee, you will have access to our exciting new benefits portal:
Discount outlet: Save money in shops, restaurants and UK attractions.
Employee support: with access to counsellors 24/7.
Health & wellbeing services: including online health check and Gym discounts.
24/7 GP: to book appointments simply & quickly.
Payslips & pensions information.