- Offered Salary Hourly Rate
- Hourly Rate £12-£14 per hour
- Experience Desirable
Plumber – Oldham
We are seeking qualified Plumbers to join our client on a 6 month contract in the Oldham area.
£14.50 per hour
Working 37 hours per week
Temporary contract of 6 months – could progress to permanent for the right candidate.
Purpose of the role:
To carry out planned works, repairs and maintenance to social housing properties and any other properties for which the client is responsible for, including Public Buildings and any associated contracts not restricted to within the specified trade.
- To carry out all specified works in your primary trade as directed and required by the Repairs’ Management Team as part of the Repairs Service and in addition carry out multi skilled repairs.
- To work within a pre-allocated appointment system, including direct liaison with tenants when required.
- To carry out inspections and all diagnostic and/or pre-measuring work with the aim of completing repairs within the same appointment or target date wherever possible, including management of materials and equipment required to complete the job.
- To make immediate decisions about repair requirements within the guidelines provided whilst ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation, Risk Assessments and Method Statements and any other relevant legal/statutory requirements.
- To use any communication equipment provided (mobile telephone/PDA etc.) to seek immediate advice and assistance on issues not identified on the original order and which fall outside the guidelines provided.
- To inform tenants (with reasons) when it is not possible to attempt or complete a repair within the first visit, and make mutually agreed arrangements to return to complete the repair, including liaising with the repairs planning team.
- To appropriately utilise a range of tools and equipment associated with tasks and works being carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and relevant current legislation.
- To maintain a pre-agreed impress stock of repair items and equipment within the vehicle (if provided) and to replenish at appropriate intervals to ensure minimum repairs downtime.
- To ensure that all duties carried out comply with: 1. All current relevant health and safety requirements. 2. Relevant Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments and Regulations. 3. Working conditions normally inherent in the job. 4. Customer Care standards (this includes before and after completion of repairs).
- Completion of all necessary repair records including paperwork and accurate updating of PDA’s or other electronic equipment in relation to all tasks. This may include providing and receiving back customer satisfaction documentation.
- To accept responsibility for the direction of work of trainees and/or other employees as assigned and to attend any identified training at appropriate intervals.
- To work in other repair teams, both on your own initiative and as part of any of our specialist teams carrying out other repair work within the competence of the employee as and when directed by the Repairs’ Management team.
- To ensure adequate security and to take reasonable care of all client property and ensure reporting of any damage in line with current procedures.
- Complete relevant documentation to support the client in any insurance claims and assist in the process and providing any relevant information as required.
- To participate as required by the organisation in the out of hours emergency repair service (repairs on call).
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the purpose of the post as required by the Organisation.
- Literate and numerate
- Hold a Full UK Driving License
- Appropriate Level of NVQ (Up to Level 3) or equivalent in the specified trade
- Time served
- Asbestos awareness certified
- Ability and willingness to work within standard operating hours of the service as outlined in the job description.
- Participation to work additional hours both in the evening and at the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) as required to meet the needs of the service.
- Participation in Out Of Hours call out rota
- Proven experience in an appropriate Craft, either public or private sector.
- Ideally social housing background experience
- Experience of dealing directly with members of the public
- Experience of carrying out repairs and maintenance on tenanted and void properties
- Experience of working to tight and specific deadlines
- Basic experience & knowledge of other supporting trades, plumbing, joinery.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety.
To apply for this position;
Submit a copy of your current CV which shows relevant experience to the role for the attention of Katie Wild.
As a Thrive employee, you will have access to our exciting new benefits portal:
Discount outlet: Save money in shops, restaurants and UK attractions.
Employee support: with access to counsellors 24/7.
Health & wellbeing services: including online health check and Gym discounts.
24/7 GP: to book appointments simply & quickly. Payslips & pensions information