- Offered Salary Hourly Rate
- Hourly Rate £8-£10 per hour
- Experience Desirable
Mon – Friday / 9:00 – 17:00
£9.50 per hour
Permanent (after 12 weeks)
Main purpose of the role:
- Processes payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creates and maintains employees’ payroll records.
- Calculations wages and applicable deductions based on employee attendance and timesheet records.
- Enters payroll information into Exchequer Payroll for processing.
- Issues employees’ checks and earnings summaries. Completes payroll reports.
- Processes company’s weekly payroll on Exchequer
- Maintains Athena and Exchequer payroll records by gathering, calculating, and inputting employee data.
- Processes employee pay based on timesheet records, benefits, and taxes
- Answers staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and timesheet entries
- Receives and coordinates requests for leave and other absences
- Handles changes in exemptions, job status, job titles, wage increases
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Honours confidentiality of employees’ pay records
- Completes payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Understand how to calculate tax obligations, PAYE, SSP, SPP, SAP, SHPP
- Process other deductions such as court fines and CCA
- Performs the distribution of wages through issuance of paper checks or direct transfers to employees’ bank accounts
- Checks and submits PAYE and Pension reports
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent Mathematical Skills, Accounting and Bookkeeping Skills, Attention to Detail, Organisation Skills, Computer literate with Excel Skills, Data Entry, Good Verbal Communication with Employees, Capable of Working with Minimal Supervision, Honesty, Record-Keeping Skills, Follows Instructions Well, Competent with Spreadsheets, Familiar with Payroll Software, Basic Understanding of Tax Procedures, Familiarity with Benefits and Other Wage Deductions, Multi-Tasking Abilities, Ability to Work on a Deadline, Sound Decision-Making Skills
- Peoples Pension (3% employee/2% employer)
- Annual leave 20 days
- Permanent position
To apply – Please submit a copy of your upto date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, if your CV is shortlisted she will be in contact with you.