- Offered Salary To Be Agreed
- Hourly Rate Salary
- Experience Desirable
Market / Environmental Maintenance Operative
Hours: 6am – 11:30am and 2:00pm – 7:00pm (split shift), rota basis covering 7 days a week, which will be provided in advance.
To work as part of a multi-skilled District Assembly team responsible for carrying out a range of tasks and operations that maintain and improve the quality of the local environment. To show initiative and commitment to ensure that services are provided effectively and in a joined up way.
- To carry out a range of environmental improvement and maintenance tasks, e.g.
- Fly tipping removal
- Litter picking
- Empty litter bins
- Opening and closing bollard
- Moving trollies full of cardboard and putting them in baling machines.
- General cleaning
- Erecting and dismantling gazebos
- Hedge trimming including cutting back obstructive vegetation
- Removal of dead animals / syringes
- The cleansing of play areas and other similar facilities;
- Cleansing of buildings, e.g. public toilets, sports changing rooms, park pavilions, depots and similar District Assembly run facilities
- Street sweeping, etc.
- To assist in staging various events
- Using a range of light tools and machinery, e.g. hand mowers, strimmers, blowers, hedge cutters etc.
- Experience of environmental maintenance tasks relevant to the work of the post.
- Knowledge and use of tools and equipment relevant to the work of the post.
- Work in an area based team showing initiative and understanding of the impact of the work carried out.
- Working alone and with minimal supervision
Please submit a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 0161 633 3373.