- Offered Salary Hourly Rate
- Hourly Rate £12-£14 per hour
- Experience 1 Years
Thrive Group are seeking a HGV Mechanic to work 4 on 4 off shifts in the Oldham area.
As a HGV mechanic will be required to undertake the maintenance and repair, to a range of vehicles and machines and plant equipment, to the required quality standards, in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Undertake planned service and safety inspections of vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnose faults, recommend and undertake cost effective repairs
- Repair of vehicles/equipment as instructed.
- Carry out auto electrical repairs.
- Order spares at stores.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Attend breakdowns and undertake vehicle / equipment recoveries.
- Occasionally collect spare parts from Suppliers.
- Manoeuvre vehicles as required.
- Complete time sheets, job sheets, service sheets and inspection reports in line with Council Policy, ‘O’ licence compliance and good practice.
- In exception undertake steam cleaning of vehicles prior to repairs including DOE/MOT preparation.
- Take vehicles to specialist repairers.
- Take vehicles to MOT and DOE test stations, rectify minor failure items (following approval / on site).
- Repair tools and equipment within the workplace.
- Carry out welding fabrication and repairs (gas, electric, mig).
- Diagnose vehicle defects to aid colleagues and categorise repairs
- In pursuit of the Department’s commitment to quality, carry out duties in accordance with the stated or implied requirements of the Quality Systems.
- Undertake MOT testing as required.
- Must hold a Class B licence
- Numerate and literate sufficient to meet the requirements of the post
- 12 months experience of working on commercial vehicles and some small plant.
- Experience of undertaking service and safety inspections of vehicles and equipment.
- Experience of carrying out welding and fabrication, auto electrical, vehicle and equipment recoveries and repairs.
- Experience of diagnosing and repairing vehicle hydraulic equipment & electrical systems.
- Use of hydraulic equipment, MOT testing, vehicles electrics. – desirable
- Able to work with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision repairing and servicing vehicles to manufactures standards and times.
- Able to display a calm, tactful and responsible attitude. Self- motivated and be able to work on own initiative as well as the ability to work as part of a team and assist co workers as requested.
- Ability to complete paperwork associated with the job, eg, job sheets and service inspection sheets.
- To be able to undertake work at heights
Pay rate will be £13.85 per hour
Immediate start available
Working 4 on 4 off shifts
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com to apply.