- Offered Salary Hourly Rate
- Hourly Rate £8-£10 per hour
- Experience Desirable
Gardener Grounds Maintenance – Tameside
Location: Based from their Hyde depot and required to travel to sites across the Tameside area.
Rate: £8.91 per hour (23 years and over) £8.36 per hour (under 23 years), rising after 12 weeks
Shifts: Working Monday to Friday, 7.30 am – 4.00 pm (early finish Friday)
Duration: Temporary, long term
About the Role:
To maintain grounds/gardens and undertake work in parks, greenhouses, playing fields, public open spaces and landscaped areas, and deliver an excellent service for local communities, working with experts in a wide range of Horticultural and Grounds Maintenance Services throughout public sectors.
- You will be working as part of a team.
- Working in all weathers, rain, snow, heat.
- You will be carrying out a wide range of grounds maintenance tasks including but not limited to:
- Grass/hedge cutting, weeding, litter picking/emptying bins, removing graffiti, removing fly tipping, mechanical street cleansing, removal of syringes/animal carcasses.
- Cleansing of play areas and other similar facilities – public toilets, park pavilions, etc.,
- Chemical spraying and weed spraying, etc.,
- Completing all job requirements ensuring a high level of quality and productivity.
- Using powered mechanical equipment.
- Using a range of light tools and machinery such as: hand mowers, strimmers, blowers, hedge cutters, etc.
- Must have full UK license with trailer entitlement – DVLA check will be required.
- Driving experience essential.
- Qualification in Horticulture NVQ, City & Guilds or equivalent – Desirable.
- Working in a Grounds maintenance environment (minimum of 1 year) – Desirable.
- Certificates in Pesticides PA1 and PA6.
- Actively working, standing and/or walking throughout the day – must be fit and healthy.
- Lifting, moving and pulling heavy equipment.
- Working in all weathers.
How to Apply for this position with Staff Recruitment:
- Submit your up-to-date CV online – “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items: Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Once a member of our Team has reviewed your application if you meet the criteria we are looking for you will be contacted to discuss the role in further detail.
- After your telephone vetting you will be asked to complete our online application forms and supply the necessary ID.