Caretaker/Grounds Maintenance Operative
Staff Recruitment are recruiting for a Caretaker with Grounds Maintenance experience in the Oldham area. A Local Housing Association has a fantastic job opportunity for a Caretaker with Grounds Maintenance experience on a temporary basis.
What you’ll do:
- The Caretaker role will require undertaking various duties working on communal environments, cleaning of any public facilities, buildings, etc., grounds maintenance, litter picking, fly tipping removal.
- To assist, patrol and attend neighbourhood and community activities and projects.
- Use of hand tools including powered tools, mini tractor mounted equipment, road sweepers.
What you’ll need:
- To adhere to all relevant quality standards and health and safety/COSH requirements.
- To work with minimal supervision and accept responsibility for day to day supervision.
- To work with specialist vehicles, HGVs, and large plant associated with maintenance including ride-on-mowers.
- To work with pesticides in accordance with PA1 and PA6 and/or treat Japanese Knotweed.
- Full current driving licence.
- Trained PA1 and PA6A pesticide certification and/or Japanese Knotweed Treatment.
Skills and experience:
- Literate and numerate (to be able to complete necessary paperwork and follow written instructions).
- NVQ Level II in street cleaning and horticulture or equivalent.
- Experience of a wide range of street cleaning and/or gardening tasks eg litter removal, street sweeping, mowing, planting, trimming and pruning, seeding and/or constructional labour.
- Experience of operating manual tools and power equipment and light plant, heavy plant and equipment, drive on mowers and tractor mounted equipment.
What’s on offer:
- Working full time, 37 hrs per week.
- £7.83 + per hour
- Immediate start.
- Temporary 3 months contract
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, call Adam on 0161 633 3373 if you have the relevant experience.
Offered SalaryHourly Rate
Hourly Rate£7-£8 per hour