Motor Vehicle Technician
Salary: £22,000 to £25,000
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 17:30pm and Saturday 8:30am – 13:00pm
As a motor vehicle technician you will be required to provide vehicle servicing and repair by using latest diagnostic technology and techniques to identify vehicle issues. Complete repairs in time allotted while keeping to dealer, brand, and company standards, and delivers vehicles to customers or service advisors on schedule.
- Performs diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs on many types of vehicles while maintaining company and industry standards and adhering to time constraints
- Tests vehicle repairs and communicates issues to manager; conduct additional repair work as advised by managers
- Uses manufacturer diagnostic equipment to ensure diagnostics, testing, and repairs are thorough and to highest quality
- Maintains a working knowledge of a diverse number of motor vehicles and works to enhance and improve that knowledge with new vehicle models and new industry standards, practices, and technologies
- Replaces parts and components and keep detailed, organised records of all repair work done on each vehicle
- Keeps work area clean, neat, and to company standards, especially to ensure safety of all team members
- Advises on other issues vehicles display, including common issues vehicles of certain makes and ages develop, and offers timelines for future vehicle repair needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical Apprenticeship Preferred
- Knowledge of Mechanics
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems
- Customer Service Skills
- Experience With Used Vehicles, Detail-Oriented
- Team Leadership Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- MOT tester an advantage but not essential.
To apply – Please submit a copy of your current CV to email@example.com.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000